Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Restaurant Review: Pho Golden Bowl, Manchester, NH

 Pho Golden Bowl, Manchester, NH
After ten days with my mother in Atlanta, Georgia, I flew in to Logan Airport in Boston and had Andy pick me up. His one condition upon getting me was that we find and stop for Pho soup on the way home. As you may or may not know, where we live in Vermont is not all that known for having a lot of ethnic foods and we just moved from Northern Virginia, where there are a LOT of different flavors being represented. We have not had Pho soup in almost a year... and that was no fun. It used to be a weekly occurrence for us.


Andy found Pho Golden Bowl online and planned out our route from the airport to the restaurant. It was a little building on a corner with parking out back and on the road beside it. It was pretty full when we got there and we were a bit thrown when we walked around the front to go in and there was a note to use the back entrance... 

Once inside a woman told us it would be 5 minutes, but there were tables empty so I think she was just being lazy because a younger man sat us almost immediately after she told us 5min and helped us the rest of the time we were there.

We all got Pho; I always just get noodles in beef broth and Andy likes the Pho Tai Nam, which is Pho with steak. I have to admit that it was very good and after not having it for so long I think we will take the hour drive there to have it again.

The price was the norm for Pho, in my opinion (About $7-8) and we were happy to find that the restaurant accepted credit cards which many Pho places we have tried do not. 

Overall I think that this was a great Pho experience and I am excited to see what other wonderful places Manchester, NH has for us to visit.
 



Photo 1 / Photo 2 - Stephanie T.

No comments:

Post a Comment